Lauren McClure is an Associate Attorney with Kriezelman Burton & Associates, LLC. She is admitted to practice law in the state of Illinois. She focuses her practice exclusively in the areas of immigration law, including family-based immigration, asylum, removal defense, employment-based immigration and federal court litigation. Lauren is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for Seventh Circuit.
She is a member of the ICE OCC Liaison Committee and co-chair of the Advocacy Committee. She previously served as the Secretary of State Liaison Committee chair and the New Members Division chair, each for two years. She was also previously co-chair of the Fall Conference Planning Committee for two years. She is also currently active with the Federal Bar Association, Immigration Law Section’s and its Younger Lawyer’s Division. She previously served as chair of the Chicago Bar Association’s Immigration & Nationality Law Committee from 2014-2015.
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Consular Processing Strategies: Pitfalls and Solutions in Consular Practice (January 2017) Speaker, Chicago Bar Association, Chicago, Illinois.
Federal Bar Association, Immigration Law Section, Annual Conference 2018, Moderator, “Determining Appropriate Relief, SIJ, VAWA, Asylum U-Visas, T-Visas,” Memphis, Tennessee
Federal Bar Association, Immigration Law Section, Annual Conference 2018, Speaker, “Hot Topics: Representing Survivors in the New Environment- Safety Planning and New Tools to Avoid Removal,” Memphis, Tennessee
DePaul University, Advanced Naturalization seminar, October 2018, Speaker, “Build your Record- Looking toward District Court,” Chicago, Illinois
- Immigration Litigation in the Federal District Courts, Panelist/Speaker (May 2019), 2019 Immigration Law Conference, Federal Bar Association, Austin, Texas
- Creative Ways to get Us and VAWAs into the United States, Panelist/Speaker (May 2019), 2019 Immigration Law Conference, Federal Bar Association, Austin, Texas
- Creative Ways to get Us and VAWAs into the United States, Webinar Panelist for Federal Bar Association, Immigration Law Section’s Younger Lawyers Division, May 2019
- The Doctrine of Consular Non-Reviewability: Why It Still Matters, The Green Card, published by the Immigration Law Section of the Federal Bar Association, Fall 2016
- Super Lawyers-Rising Stars 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Younger Lawyer of the Year 2019 – Federal Bar Association, Immigration Law Section
- J.D., Loyola University Chicago School of Law, magna cum laude
- B.A., DePaul University, magna cum laude