Bridgeport Employment Based Immigration Attorneys

Home > Bridgeport Employment Based Immigration Attorneys

Bridgeport Employment Based Immigration Attorneys

Many people come to the United States for employment opportunities, though the immigration process to do so is far from simple. Whether you are a company seeking to hire a foreign national or someone wanting a visa to come and work, you should always have the guidance of Bridgeport employment-based immigration attorneys from Kriezelman Burton & Associates, LLC. 

Obtaining the Right Employment Visa

Under United States immigration law, there are different categories of immigrant employment visas, as well as different types of temporary work visas for non-immigrants. If you are coming to work for a fixed period of time, such as for a seasonal position, you would apply for one of the following, depending on your situation:

  • H-1B visa = Individuals working in a specialty occupation
  • H-2A visa = Temporary agricultural workers
  • H-2B visa = Temporary non-agricultural workers
  • H-3 visa = Special education training
  • L visa = Transfers from foreign offices within an organization
  • O visa = Individuals with extraordinary achievement or ability in their fields

Some of these visas require the employer to first obtain work certification from the Department of Labor before visas can be issued. There are also limitations on certain types of temporary employment visas that might apply to your situation. 

If you are seeking a long-term tenure working in the United States, the law has five classifications of immigrant employment-based visas. Individuals with the following visas can be eligible for permanent residency:

  • EB-1 = People with extraordinary abilities who are leaders in their fields. These individuals do not need an employer to sponsor them as they can self-petition to work in their field and benefit the United States. This also applies to outstanding researchers and professors, as well as multinational managers and executives who are sponsored by an international corporation. 
  • EB-2 = Individuals with advanced degrees or exceptional ability in certain professions who have job offers from a United States employer. People working in many different fields can be eligible as long as they show evidence of their advanced education or knowledge. 
  • EB-3 = Professionals with a bachelor’s degree or higher, skilled workers who have a minimum of two years of experience or training in a field, or other workers without two years of experience or training. These individuals require an employment sponsor from a company with proper labor certification.
  • EB-4 = Individuals in the military, religious workers, certain broadcasters, certain translators, United States employees working abroad, and more can qualify for this fourth-preference visa. 
  • EB-5 = Investors who are contributing either $500,000 or $1,000,000 (depending on the location) for a new commercial operation employing 10 or more permanent residents or U.S. citizens in full-time positions. There are many options for business enterprises to invest in, but the investor must show that the invested funds are at risk and be involved in the operations of the company. 

Learn How Our Bridgeport Employment-Based Immigration Attorneys Can Help

The legal team of Kriezelman Burton & Associates, LLC can identify whether you qualify for a certain visa and what you need to show for a successful application. Contact us with any questions about employment-based immigration today.