Best Chicago Employment Immigration Lawyer

Home > Best Chicago Employment Immigration Lawyer

Best Chicago Employment Immigration Lawyer

If you are a foreign worker who wants to work legally in the U.S., you must apply for an employment visa or green card. There are many different options available, each pertaining to different employment levels and fields of work. If you are a foreigner wishing to come to the country to work, or you are an employer that wants to sponsor someone to come work for your company, you should speak to a Chicago employment immigration attorney who can help. 

H-1B Visa

These visas are typically for individuals that have their bachelor’s degree or experience that is equivalent to a degree. These visas are typically valid for three years, although they can be renewed for up to six years. These visas are also often obtained by those that wish to start the process of applying for permanent residency. Another benefit to H-1B visas is that they can allow an individual’s spouse and children to obtain visas to live in the United States. 

L-1 Intracompany Transferee Visa

These visas are reserved for foreigners that wish to transfer to their company’s location in the United States. These visas are typically valid for three years, but they have unlimited renewal times. These visas are one of the fastest and most affordable ways for individuals from other countries to gain entry into the country. 


These visas are available on a short-term basis. They are also reserved for individuals that have excelled in the sciences, arts, entertainment, education, or business fields. To qualify for an O-visa, individuals must have demonstrated remarkable ability in their field or must have also received an award for excellence. 

Employment-Based Green Cards

While there are a number of different visas available for those that want to come to the country to work, these are only temporary. Those that wish to live and work in the United States permanently can apply for a number of green cards. These options include:

  • EB-1A Extraordinary Ability Green Card
  • EB-2 National Interest Waiver Green Card
  • EB-1(b) Outstanding Professors or Researchers Green Card
  • EB-2 Advanced Degree Green Card
  • EB-3 Workers Green Card
  • EB-1(c) Multinational Managers Green Card

A Chicago employment immigration lawyer can advise on which option is best for you and assist you throughout the entire process. 

Call Our Illinois Immigration Lawyers for Help Now

If you want to enter the United States to work, or you would like to sponsor a foreign worker to come and work for your company, a Chicago employment immigration lawyer can help. At Kriezelman, Burton & Associates, our attorneys have the skill and experience necessary to navigate the complex immigration system in the country. We will fully explain all the options you have for employment-based visas and green cards, and advise on which one is right for you. Call us today or contact us online to schedule a meeting with one of our attorneys to learn more about how we can help.