Cicero Citizenship Attorney
Cicero Citizenship Attorney
Cicero, IL Immigration Law Attorneys Representing Clients in Matters of Citizenship and Naturalization
Once it is granted, U.S. citizenship bestows many different legal rights and advantages to those who hold it. American citizens have the right to vote in state and federal elections, the right to travel freely around the world, and the ability to access many important educational and financial benefits. That being said, citizenship can be difficult to obtain.
At Kriezelman Burton & Associates, LLC, our dedicated Cicero citizenship lawyers are committed to serving immigrants and their families. We have the skills and experience needed to assist you with any aspect of the citizenship and naturalization process. For immediate legal assistance, please contact our law firm today.
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
If you or a loved one is an immigrant who is seeking American citizenship, you will be required to go through the naturalization process. You can only apply to become a naturalized U.S. citizen if you can meet the basic eligibility requirements. Some of the most notable requirements are as follows:
- You must be a lawful permanent resident;
- You must have lived in the U.S. for at least five consecutive years;
- You must be able to demonstrate basic English language proficiency;
- You must have an understanding of American history and civics; and
- You must possess good moral character.
The Process of Naturalization
Naturalization is a multi-step process. It can be lengthy and confusing, and there are many different points at which you may wish to be represented by a qualified Cicero immigration law attorney. To get your application approved, you will need to do each of the following:
- Prepare your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.
- Go through a comprehensive criminal background check, including submitting your fingerprints to U.S. immigration officials;
- Attend an immigration interview with a representative of USCIS;
- Pass all of the required tests, including the civics test and English proficiency test; and
- Take the Oath of Allegiance to the United States.
Overcoming the Obstacles
For some people, U.S. citizenship feels out of reach due to some mistake that they made in their past. You may think that there is no chance that the officials at United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will ever accept your application. Do not be so sure. Our Cicero immigration lawyers have helped many people overcome citizenship obstacles, including people with criminal records. No matter your circumstances, let our team review your case.
Contact Our Cicero Citizenship Lawyers Today
At Kriezelman Burton & Associates, LLC, our Cicero immigration attorneys have helped many people become American citizens. To learn more about what our legal team can do for you, please call us today at 312-332-2550 to request your fully private initial legal consultation.