Employment Immigration Lawyer Near Me

Home > Employment Immigration Lawyer Near Me

Employment Immigration Lawyer Near Me

People all over the world want to come to the United States to find employment opportunities, or they already have a position waiting for them in the country. When either of these is the case, there are several temporary employment visas available for which these individuals can apply. The application process is often long and arduous, however. If you wish to apply for an employment visa, an employment immigration lawyer near you can guide you through the process and give you the best chance of a positive outcome.

H1B Visas

These visas are available for professionals that work in a specialty occupation. To qualify for this type of visa, applicants must have a bachelor’s degree and a job offer in the relevant field of that bachelor’s degree. 

TN – NAFTA Treaty Visas for Citizens of Mexico and Canada

Usually, when a person is a citizen of another country and wants to immigrate to the United States, he or she must obtain a visa from the home country first. Under The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) though, many Canadians and Mexicans do not need to go through this step. Individuals who want to hire Canadians and Mexicans must first offer a job to an individual and obtain a TN visa.

Religious Workers

Religious workers can also come to the United States, and they can also bring along their spouses and children. To do this, they must obtain an R-1 visa. To qualify, the individual who wishes to enter the country and the religious organization must both provide proper documentation to show their credentials and affiliations.

Investors and Treaty Traders

Investors and treaty traders are citizens of foreign countries that the United States government maintains treaties of commerce and navigation. These visas are known as E-1 and E-2 visas. There are strict criteria for both of these visas, so anyone wishing to apply for one should speak to an immigration lawyer that can help.

Visitors for Business or Pleasure

When individuals wish to come to the United States on a temporary basis, and for either business or pleasure, they can apply for a B-1 or B-2 visa. These work differently than other visas, as individuals must apply to the U.S. Consulate in their home country. The length of the stay is not indicated on the visa but instead, will be determined once the person is admitted into the country.

L-1 Visas

These visas are available for individuals that are employed and live in a different country but want to move to the United States to work in the parent or sister company of their employer. These visas are often used by employers that want to expand their company.

E-3 Visas for Austrian Workers

E-3 visas are only available to Australian workers. These workers must be professionals in specialty occupations that require a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in the field in which they will be working.

Need Help With Your Visa Application? Call an Employment Immigration Lawyer Near You

The United States relies on workers who come to the country every year for employment reasons. The application process is often long and arduous. At Kriezelman, Burton & Associates, our Chicago immigration attorneys want to help. We can advise on which type of employment visa you qualify for, and give your application the best chance of being approved. Call us today or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.