Family Immigration Attorneys Near Me

Home > Family Immigration Attorneys Near Me

Family Immigration Attorneys Near Me

When you have an immigration problem that needs to be resolved or when you have an immigration matter you need assistance such as filing papers to bring your relatives over from a foreign country, you need the help of an experienced immigration attorney in Chicago and surrounding areas.

Services Offered by Chicago Immigration Lawyers

At Kriezelman Burton & Associates, LLC, we offer our services in all major areas of immigration law, including the following:

Family-Based Immigration

If you are a U.S. citizen or lawfully admitted permanent resident (Green Card holder) and you have qualifying relatives who are not U.S. citizens, you can petition the government to have those relatives become permanent residents themselves. Not all relatives qualify to immigrate under this family-based immigration process. Rather, those who do are usually spouses, children, and parents of U.S. citizens or of Green Card holders. Siblings of U.S. citizens and Green Card holders may also qualify, but their waiting time to get the Green Card is long, currently about 14 years.

Other Immigration Paths

Corporations and businesses often find themselves unable to find qualified American workers to fill positions they have available. In circumstances such as that, the employer is permitted to petition the government to bring in either temporary workers through the various temporary non-immigrant visas available or as permanent residents (Green Card holders) through what is known as the labor certification process.

The most common temporary work visa is H1B, which is a visa type that includes a broad category of visas that covers both employment and training in the United States. This, in turn, includes H-1B visas for specialty occupations, H-2A visas for temporary or seasonal agricultural workers, H-2B visas for temporary non-agricultural workers, and H-3 for some types of training.

To bring a foreign worker to work in the United States under any of these visa categories, the law provides stringent requirements that the employer and prospective worker must satisfy, and this is when having an experienced immigration attorney makes a difference. 

Litigation in Federal Courts

Most immigration cases are filed and approved or resolved within the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), of which the Immigration Court is part of or by the U.S. consulates or State Department for cases processed outside the US.

However, in cases where both the agency and Immigration Court have denied an application for a benefit or relief and the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA) affirms that denial, it may be necessary to appeal a denied case to a federal Court of Appeals.

Removal Defense

Nothing brings more anxiety to a non-U.S. citizen than being apprehended by U.S. Immigration officers or receiving a Notice to Appear in the mail. A Notice to Appear or NTA is a legal summons for the recipient to go to Immigration Court and defend against charges of being in the United States illegally and therefore subject to removal (deportation). If you are in either situation, you can count on our experienced attorneys at Kriezelman Burton & Associates, LLC to help you in mounting a successful defense to beat the charges of deportation.

Reach Out to an Immigration Lawyer Near You

If you need immigration services, Kriezelman Burton & Associates, LLC can be of help. Contact us today and talk to family-based immigration attorneys near you.