Grand Rapids Immigration Lawyers

Home > Grand Rapids Immigration Lawyers

Grand Rapids Immigration Lawyers

Millions of people around the world have the dream of immigrating to the United States. It does not take long for them to find out that obtaining citizenship, a green card, or a visa is not easy. Those wishing to enter the country must navigate a complex system and still too many people learn that the system is broken. Others are already in the country but face deportation, which is an extremely frightening prospect. A Grand Rapids immigration lawyer will not only help you through the system, but will also give you the best chance of success with your case with the understanding and compassion you deserve.


Immigrants can apply for many different types of waivers, with the most common being the provisional waiver of unlawful presence. If you are in the country illegally, or have relatives such as a spouse or child who is an American citizen, you can apply for this type of waiver. If you do have a relative who qualifies, you can apply for a green card and the waiting period is waived. If you can prove that you are under extreme hardship, you can also apply for a provisional waiver. Although this is only the most common type of waiver available, a Grand Rapids immigration lawyer can outline the other types of waivers that may apply to your situation.

Employment-Based Visas

Foreign nationals often wish to enter the country for work purposes. If you have a job waiting for you in the United States, or you wish to create employment opportunities, you can apply for a number of different visas. You will typically need to prove that you have certain skills or that you are eligible under the qualifications of a specific visa. In some cases, you may also have to show that there is currently a lack of qualified Americans who can fill the position you are seeking.

An Adjustment of Status

If you have obtained a visa and it has expired, or is about to, you may still be able to remain in the country by exploring a number of different options. If you have a family member who is a citizen or a lawful permanent resident, you can fill out an I-130 form to obtain a green card. You can also ask your employers to sponsor your immigration application.


Becoming an American citizen is a dream for so many, but the road to get there is a long and complicated one. You must submit to tests, attend an interview, provide fingerprints, and take an oath. Although the process is exciting, it is also complex and one mistake could create an unnecessary delay. A Grand Rapids immigration lawyer can help you through it and give you the best chance of success.

Contact Our Immigration Lawyers in Grand Rapids Today

If you have a dream to come to America, want to adjust your status, or need a deportation defense, our Grand Rapids immigration lawyers can help. At Kriezelman, Burton & Associates, LLC, our experienced attorneys can help no matter the immigration issue you are facing. Call us today or contact us online to schedule a consultation with one of our knowledgeable attorneys.