Green Card Attorney Near Me
Many foreign nationals who want to remain in the United States for an extended period of time may wish to apply to obtain their green card and become permanent residents of the United States. There are many benefits to obtaining a green card and most people seek this status based on employment or family reasons. In addition, individuals with asylum status or refugee status in the U.S. can be eligible for a green card after a certain period of time.
The process of obtaining a green card can be complex with different complications arising along the way. You can save a significant amount of time, energy, and frustration by having the help of an experienced green card attorney. If you live in or near Chicago, call the law firm of Kriezelman Burton & Associates today for more information.
Determining Green Card Eligibility
The first thing that our skilled lawyers will do is learn about your background and history to help determine your eligibility for permanent resident status. There are many reasons why a green card application may be denied, including the following:
- You have been accused or convicted of certain crimes;
- You engaged in activity that constitutes a security risk to the United States;
- You have a communicable disease that threatens the public;
- Drug or alcohol abuse;
- Any mental or physical health condition that makes you a threat to others or yourself;
- USCIS believes you will become a public charge;
- You have violated immigrations laws, including unlawful entry or providing false information to officials;
- Filing an incomplete application;
- Missing immigration appointments.
The above are only some reasons why your green card could be denied. In some cases, such as with a criminal conviction, drawing the attention of USCIS by filing an application could even result in the loss of your visa and deportation proceedings.
How Our Attorneys Can Help
Our green card attorneys can assist you through every step of the application process. Only some of the many services we offer include:
- Evaluating whether there may be a risk of denial or possible removal actions as a result of you application. If such a risk exists, we can address the underlying issue first before moving forward with a permanent resident application.
- Complete the application and file it with all of the necessary documents. USCIS will likely request a significant amount of supporting paperwork and different forms and our attorneys will ensure all application requirements in your case are met.
- If there is an issue with your underlying visa petition, we can address that first. A denied visa application will result in a denied green card application, as well.
- Appeal a denial within a certain period of time and through the proper channels.
- Help you understand all of the conditions of your permanent residency so that you can maintain your green card.
Contact a Chicago Green Card Attorney For Assistance Today
At Kriezelman Burton & Associates, we have helped many people in and around Chicago obtain their green cards. We understand this complex process, so please call our office at 312-332-2550 if you are thinking of applying to adjust your immigration status.