Green Card Lawyer By Me
Obtaining a green card can be critical for some people, especially if you are the fiancé or spouse of a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. In addition, obtaining permanent residency can allow you more freedom in your U.S. employment options. While there are many benefits of obtaining a green card, the process is not a simple one and it is important to have the assistance of an experienced immigration attorney if you want to apply.
The immigration law firm of Kriezelman Burton & Associates assists with green card applications, denials, and renewals in and around Chicago, Illinois. If you need legal help, please contact our office today.
Are You Eligible For a Green Card?
Applying for a green card takes resources, so you should always have a knowledgeable attorney fully evaluate your eligibility prior to taking the time to complete and file an application. The primary eligibility requirement is that you qualify for a particular immigrant category based on your family, employment, refugee or asylum status, or another special category. In addition, you must also be considered “admissible” to the U.S. Some factors that may deem you inadmissible include the following:
- Certain criminal charges or convictions;
- Health conditions that pose a risk to the public;
- Substance abuse or mental illness;
- Activity that presents a national security risk;
- Violations of any immigration laws, such as providing misleading information on documents or illegal entry;
- Concerns that you will be a public charge;
- You are missing application materials;
- You miss appointments with immigration officials.
If you are determined to be inadmissible, first your application for permanent residency will be denied. You may face even more serious consequences in some situations, as immigration officials may decide to revoke your visa and begin removal proceedings against you. For these reasons, it is critical to have a lawyer evaluate your admissibility prior to filing a green card application.
Find Out How a Green Card Lawyer Can Assist You
Having a skilled attorney handling your green card application can make the process go as smoothly as possible. We can help you with the following and more:
- Analyze your eligibility and admissibility;
- Help complete your application and gather all necessary supporting documents;
- Help you file an appeal if your application is initially denied;
- Ensure you are aware of all conditions of your permanent residency;
- Help you with future renewals of your green card.
We understand the complex and confusing immigration process and can take a significant amount of stress off you.
Contact a Green Card Lawyer in Chicago For More Information Today
If you would like to learn more about the green card process or you are ready to apply for your green card, the highly experienced immigration attorneys at Kriezelman Burton & Associates are here to assist you. Our legal team represents immigrants and their family members throughout the Chicago area and provide assistance with green cards, as well as a variety of other immigration matters. Please call us today at 312-332-2550 to learn more about our services.