Highland Employment Immigration Attorney

Home > Highland Employment Immigration Attorney

Highland Employment Immigration Attorney

There are many job opportunities in the United States. As such, many foreign nationals want to come to America and work on a temporary or permanent basis. However, they can not simply come into the country, apply for a job, and start working. There is a process involved and it can be lengthy and costly.

To work in the United States, you must have a green card, work permit or an employment visa that allows you to work for a particular employer. The employment visa process varies for each of these documents. Plus, each one has certain conditions and restrictions.

There are three types of workers that come from foreign countries. Temporary workers are allowed to come to the United States for work purposes only. Once their contract has expired, they must return to their home country. A permanent worker can live and work in the United States for the rest of his or her life. Students and exchange visitors are allowed to work in the United States with permission from their school.

The most difficult visa to apply for is the EB-1 visa. This visa requires superior achievements that only a small percentage of people have never attained. For example, a person must have received national or international awards for their work. They must have published research-heavy papers or written articles that were published in trade journals.

The process for the EB-2 visa is not as difficult, but still requires a person to have a college degree, at least five years of experience in their field, and evidence of excellence in their field, such as awards, certificates, licenses, and certifications. For the EB-3 and EB-4 visas, the person must have a full-time job offer and meet the requirements of the job. For the EB-5 visa, the person must invest in a company established on or before November 29, 1990. They must also increase the company net worth by 40% or add at least 10 employees in a two-year period. Another requirement is that they must invest between $500K and $1 million in the company.

If you think you may qualify for any of these visas, you can not complete the process on your own. It requires a joint effort on behalf of both the prospective employee and the employer. Once you are both on board, make sure the process is successful with help from an experienced immigration attorney.

Contact an Immigration Attorney Today

If you are from a foreign country and are looking to work in America, you need to meet certain requirements. If you do not follow the process to the letter, your application will be denied. There are millions of people who apply for a limited number of work visas every year, so competition is tough.

For a successful outcome, seek legal help. The Highland lawyers at Kriezelman Burton & Associates, LLC offer aggressive representation for those who want to work in the United States. We offer valuable advice to both prospective employees and employers. Schedule a consultation by calling (312) 332-2550 or filling out the online form.