Best Immigration Lawyer in Chicago

Home > Best Immigration Lawyer in Chicago

Best Immigration Lawyer in Chicago

America is known as the Land of Opportunity and as such, thousands of people come here to work, visit, and live every year. However, coming to the United States is an extremely complex process that involves obtaining a valid visa or green card. There are a number of ways to obtain this documentation, depending on whether you want to come on a temporary basis or stay here permanently. A temporary visa will allow you to visit, study, or work in the country. A green card is an immigrant visa and allows you and your family to reside in the United States permanently. 

When immigrating to the United States, it is important to remember that the process is challenging, lengthy, and causes many people great frustration. Additionally, one small mistake could ruin your chances of calling America home, even for a short while. For this reason, it is important that you do not just retain any attorney when looking to immigrate, but that you hire the best immigration lawyer in Chicago. 

Options to Stay in the U.S. Temporarily

When most people wish to come to the United States on a temporary basis, it is typically for work. Seasonal work like farm work is often performed by people who do not live in the United States, and businesses from large corporations to small enterprises are always looking for ways to expand in the United States. When this is the case, those wishing to come here only temporarily may file several different types of visa applications. These include:

  • TN Visas: This provides a way for those in Canada and Mexico to receive approval when they arrive at a port of entry to the United States. 
  • L-1 Visas: These are available for workers in a foreign country that wish to work in a new or existing business in the United States. 
  • E-2 and E-1 Visas: These visas pertain particularly to individuals that work in investments or trades. 
  • H-1B Visas: These are available for those that have a professional position that requires a minimum of a bachelor’s degree.
  • H-2B Visas: These are available for those not working in the agricultural sector. 

These are all viable options for those that wish to come to the United States for a specific period of time. The best immigration lawyer in Chicago can help you better understand what these visas are, and if they are an option for you. 

Options to Stay in the U.S. Permanently

While there are many ways a person can gain permanent residency in the United States, there are three methods of obtaining it that are most common. These include:

  • Petition from your family: When an individual already resides in the United States, they can use these petitions to sponsor other family members that live in a foreign country but wish to immigrate to the U.S.
  • Petition from your employer: Employers often hire individuals that are in the U.S. on a temporary basis. If they know you want permanent residency, and they are willing to continue employing you, they can sponsor you for immigration.
  • Investor EB-5 applications: Those who wish to invest in the United States, and move here permanently, can apply to do so with one of these applications. 

While the different ways to immigrate to the United States may seem straightforward, they are not. An immigration attorney in Chicago can help ensure that your application goes smoothly. 

Contact the Best Immigration Lawyer in Chicago

If you are considering moving to the United States, whether it is on a temporary or permanent basis, you cannot go through the process alone. At Kriezelman, Burton & Associates, LLC, we are the best Chicago immigration attorneys that will help you every step of the way with your application. We have the necessary knowledge about the country’s complex immigration laws, and we will use that to get the best possible outcome for you. Call us today or fill out our online form to learn how we can help.