Naperville Employment Visa Lawyers

Home > Naperville Employment Visa Lawyers

Naperville Employment Visa Lawyers

If you live in a foreign country and are interested in working in the United States, there are many options available to you. You can obtain a temporary work visa or an employment-based green card. There are a number of temporary work visas you may be eligible for, and each will allow you to remain in the United States for a specific period of time. If you obtain an employment-based green card, you are considered a permanent resident of the United States due to your employment status. 

Not everyone is eligible for a work visa or an employment-based green card.  It is important to know what the requirements are, so you can understand which one is right for you. A Naperville employment visa lawyer can help you make your decision.

U.S. Work Visas

There are many different types of work visas available for those who wish to move to the United States for work purposes. These include:

  • L-1 visas
  • E1 and E2 visas
  • Temporary skilled worker: H-1B visa permits
  • Temporary non-agricultural work visa: H-2B visa permits
  • Seasonal agricultural worker visa: H2-A visa
  • EB-1 Green Card
  • EB-2 Green Card Permit
  • EB-3 Green Card Permit
  • EB-4 Green Card Permit
  • Exchange Visitor Visa: J-1 visa permit

Anyone in another country can apply for any of these U.S. work visas. The one you choose will depend on the kind of work you wish to do, and how long you wish to remain employed in the United States. 

Employment-Based Green Cards

Non-citizens of the United States that are permanent residents are known as green card holders. Green cards can be family-based or employment-based. There are many categories for employment-based green cards.

An EB-1 Green Card is for priority workers. These employees have demonstrated exceptional skill and ability in the arts, sciences, athletics, or education or business sectors. Individuals applying for these green cards are typically professors, researchers, managers, and executives. 

An EB-2 Green Card is a green card for professionals with advanced degrees or people with exceptional ability. These individuals include professionals with advanced degrees, qualified physicians that practice medicine in an area that is underserved in the U.S. at their time of application, and those with exemplary knowledge in the sciences, arts, and business. 

An EB-3 Green Card is for professional or skilled workers. To be considered as professional or skilled, a person must have at least two years of training and experience in his or her field before moving to the United States. They must also hold a professional bachelor’s degree.

An EB-4 Green Card is considered the special immigrant’s green card. Religious workers, employees and former employees of the U.S. government serving abroad, and individuals working as translators for the U.S. military are eligible for these green cards. 

EB-5 Green Cards are also known as investors, or employment creation, green cards. These green cards are available to individuals that can invest at least $1,000,000 in the United States workforce and can create at least ten new full-time jobs. 

Want to Work in the U.S.? Call an Employment Visa Lawyer in Naperville Today

If you want to work in the United States, there are many opportunities that will allow you to do it. However, none of them are easy to obtain. At Kriezelman, Burton & Associates, LLC, we are the qualified Naperville employment visa lawyers who can help. We want to help you come to this country and realize the many opportunities America holds for you. We will guide you through the complex immigration system and give you the best chance of success with your employment visa. Do not wait. Call us today or reach out to us online for your initial consultation.