South Bend Employment Immigration Attorney

Home > South Bend Employment Immigration Attorney

South Bend Employment Immigration Attorney

There are hundreds of thousands of visas available every year for individuals that wish to come to the United States to work. There are also different types of visas for those with special skills or that work in certain fields. In addition to these, employers can also sponsor foreign workers to come and work in America. Although there are many employment immigration options, the system is complex. Whether you wish to come to America to work, or you want to sponsor a foreign worker, you need a South Bend employment immigration attorney to help.

Permanent Work Visas

There are approximately 140,000 visas available every year for individuals that wish to immigrate to the United States in an employment capacity. To be eligible for certain visas, such as an EB-3, you will need to already have a job offer from an employer within the country. In these cases, the employer will act as your sponsor. They must then obtain a labor certification from the U.S. Department of Labor. Other permanent work visas, such as EB-1 visas, do not require this certification. 

H-1B Visas

H-1B visas are temporary visas that allow foreigners to come to the United States to work. There are only 65,000 of these visas available every year. To obtain this type of visa, an employer within the United States must sponsor an applicant and petition the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). After the H-1B petition is approved, the worker can update their status if they are already in the country, or they can visit their nearest U.S. embassy to retrieve their H-1B visa. 

L-1A Visas

With an L-1A visa, executives and managers in foreign countries can transfer to their company’s office in the United States. When a foreign worker obtains this type of visa, their spouse and children can typically join them in the United States, although they must obtain an L-2 visa. 

EB-1 Visas

Individuals that have certain abilities and national or international acclaim can apply for an EB-1 visa. These visas grant the holder permanent residency. These visas are desirable not only for their permanent residency status, but also because the wait time to obtain them is typically shorter than other employment-based visas. 

O-1 Visas

These visas are available to individuals that have been nationally or internationally recognized for their outstanding achievements. These achievements must be in athletics, the sciences, education, art, motion pictures, television, or business. There are two different types of these visas, but they both grant temporary status to workers. 

P-1A Visas

Athletes that are participating in a solo or group competition are eligible for P-1A visas. The competitions must be at an international level for applicants to qualify. These visas are typically valid for up to five years, although in certain situations they can be extended to 10 years.

EB-5 Program

This program allows investors that are starting a business or creating jobs to qualify for a green card. This program is administered by USCIS and has many eligibility requirements. 

Our Illinois Immigration Attorneys can Help with Your Application Process

If you are an individual that wants to come to the United States to work, or you want to sponsor a foreign worker, our South Bend employment immigration attorneys can help. At Kriezelman, Burton & Associates, LLC, we can help you navigate the complex immigration system and give your application the best chance of getting approved. Call us today or contact us online to schedule your consultation and learn more about how we can help.