312-332-2550 Talk To A Chicago Immigration Attorney Today

F-1 Visa

F-1 student visas are available to those who attend schools in the United States. Generally, an individual registers with a school in the United States after they are accepted. An I-20 is then issued by the school which is presented overseas at the U.S. Consulate. At times, a foreign national who is admitted on another type of visa may be permitted to transfer to an F-1 student visa with permission from the Department of Homeland Security.

Employment is forbidden as an F-1 student with certain exceptions. Upon graduation, a foreign national may be eligible for Optional Practical Training where they can work in their field of study for a given period of time.

Have A Question ? We can Help.