F-1 Visa

They really know how the system works and know how to deal with the people involved. 

Chicago F-1 Student Visa Lawyers

F-1 student visas are available to those who attend schools in the United States. Generally, an individual registers with a school in the United States after they are accepted. An I-20 is then issued by the school which is presented overseas at the U.S. Consulate. At times, a foreign national who is admitted on another type of visa may be permitted to transfer to an F-1 student visa with permission from the Department of Homeland Security.

Employment is forbidden as an F-1 student with certain exceptions. Upon graduation, a foreign national may be eligible for Optional Practical Training where they can work in their field of study for a given period of time.

Our Team Of Attorneys

Schedule a Consultation!

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.