16 N. West Street
Waukegan, IL 60085
Talk To A Chicago Immigration Attorney Today 312-332-2550
  • 200 W. Adams St., Suite 2211
    Chicago, IL 60606
  • 707 Skokie Blvd., Suite 600
    Northbrook, IL 60062
  • 16 N. West St.
    Waukegan, IL 60085

J-1 Waiver

J-1 Waiver

J visas, also known as exchange visitor visas, often are attached with the condition that a person resides outside of the United States for 2 years following the expiration of their visa. There are 5 different waivers available to people who wish to avoid the 2 year foreign residency requirement of the J visa.

They include:

  1. Possible persecution if the applicant was to return to their home country.
  2. Extreme hardship to the applicant’s US Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident spouse or child.
  3. No-objection waiver from the applicant’s home country.
  4. Request by a U.S. Federal Executive Agency.
  5. International Medical Graduate who is going to serve in a federally designated underserved area.

Schedule an appointment with our office so that we can discuss the best waiver in your case.

Schedule A Consultation!

Call Now Button